Monday, August 8, 2011

Introducing my running partner Lucy

Not only do I run for my health, I run for my dog's health as well.  Lucy is a 75 pound Baltimore mutt.  She was born on the streets and ran on her own for the first 6 months.  She came to live with us when she was 5 years old when her family moved to England.  She went running with me on her first day in our house and she has been running with me for 4 years now.

Lucy is good for 3-4 miles and loves every tail wagging minute of it.  Tonight she impressed me.  I have started actually timing my runs to figure out my regular training pace.  We went out for 3 miles and she kept up with the 10 minute pace.  The temp was in the mid 70s and the humidity was around 90 percent right after the third rain storm of the late afternoon-early evening.  All in all there has been too much rain in the past 48 hours.  I know other parts of the country would love a little rain and we have more than enough to share.

I love a good rain storm overnight, just don't mess with my bicycle commuting or running!

No comments:

Post a Comment