Sunday, September 18, 2011

Overheard while running & a bumblebee spoke to me

So I don't know about you, but I hear things when I am running past other runners.  It is usually just a line or two of their conversation.  Of course it is always out of context.  I play a little mental game where I try to figure out what they were talking about and come up with funny next lines.

Overheard while running today:

"Oh my God Tim!"
"I heard that over a year ago."

a. something horribble was being discussed.
b. something wonderful was being discussed.
c. she really wished that whatever being discussed was going to happen to her.
d. it was a great piece of gossip.
e. some of all of the above.

It is really a mental challenge for me to remember the lines and often I have forgotten them by the time I get home.  When I remember them I will share them and please feel free to share yours.

This morning I ran 10 miles.  Running Toward The Prize said that she was going to do 10 miles yesterday and I decided to take it as a challenge.  It was a beautiful day by the bay and I had about 1 1/2 hours to run so 10 miles was realistic.  It was just me and my water bottle, and the other lucky bikers and runners out on a Sunday morning.  I took a gel with me since I wasn't feeling great.  I had it at the 5.5 mile mark.  It was kind of my "you've passed the half way mark and it has been close to an hour" reward.  Of course I was doing a little daydreaming about my costume that I picked up yesterday.  It is a great bumblebee dress.  I think it will work for running.  I was trying to decide if running the Newport 1/2 in it two weeks before Halloween would be appropriate.   My husband thought I was crazy when I even mentioned it.  I am going to poll runners from last year.  Anyway with 1/2 a mile to go, when I was doing some finish line sprints, there was a big old bumblebee in my path.  We were both ducking and weaving to get out of the others way.  We succeeded.  I took is as a sign.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I'm honored to have encouraged you to run your 10-miler this weekend! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete