Thursday, March 8, 2012

Running and Dreaming, and Dreaming and Running



So tonight's run was filled with thoughts of Wine & Dine as well as the Food & Wine Festival itself!  I was dreaming about bringing my professional life and my private life together in one fantastic trip!  I have so much to offer and so much wisdom to share.  Culinary and running for me equal Disney!

In 2009 I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Festival and sit in on one of the culinary demonstrations.  Of course I picked one that was going to have chocolate and desserts!  David Guas had just released his book "Dam Good Sweet."  For his demonstration he selected Chocolate Cupped Cakes with Coffee & Chicory!   It was a fabulous experience and we got to savor the flavor after watching his culinary theater.

I was also able to run in the final running of the Race for the Taste.  At the time the 10K distance was a challenge for me in the Florida heat and humidity.  Even though it was October the heat index was above100 for most of our 4.5 day visit.  The conditions really messed with my festival plans as well.  I was thinking that we would forgo the formal meals and sample our way through Epcot.  I was also thinking that one of our 2 Epcot days would be devoted to wine and the other to beer.  All of these plans went out the window as we sought refuge in air conditioned table service restaurants and passed on the alcohol.

Since Wine & Dine is in November this year we should all be able to avoid the high temps and enjoy the festival.  The race registration opens March 13th.  So get ready all you runDisney lovers, because nothing goes better with running than great food and friends!  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. New follower here! I would love to do this run! But, since we did the Disney Half in January...I think I've reached my husband's allowance of Disney runs this year ;-) Will be going to Food and Wine though! Can't wait to hear all about the race!

    ReplyDelete