Thursday, June 28, 2012

10K coming up

I have been so focused on my next big race, the Jamestown Half which is part of the UnitedHealthCare Triple Crown, that I am not really focused on the10K I am running on Tuesday for the 4th of July.  Yes I have been working on a costume for the race.  It is a holiday race after all and deserves a costume.  But other than that I am treating it as a fun run.

The race is the HarvardPilgrim Health Care Finish at the 50 (10K, 5K & kids race).  The kids are going to do a lap around the inside of Gillette Stadium for the kids race at 3:30 pm before my race goes off at 6:00 pm.  There are all kinds of family friendly activities that are happening in conjunction with the event and we are really looking forward to the event.  http://www.harvardpilgrimfinishatthe50.com/

Interestingly this is the first 10K I have raced since I ran the Race for the Taste 10K at Disney in October 2009.  I have come a long way with my running since then.  I remember finishing that race and telling everyone that I would never travel to Disney for a race any longer than 10K.  Well look at me now!  2 runDisney Princess weekends later and headed into Marathon weekend signed up to do Goofy with a 100% chance that I will go for Dopey!  I have come a long way and I am looking forward to even better things!

Sometimes it is okay for a race to just be a fun run!  When did you last run a race just for fun?

3 comments:

  1. My Mom and I really wanted to do that 10k! Our family is up in the Boston area and we talked about heading north for the 4th (I'm in VA and my parents are in NC), but no dice. Enjoy - can't wait to hear about the run through the tunnel in Gillette!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post plenty of photos! I am expecting a good turnout in the costume category!

      Delete
  2. I thought about doing RnR Virginia Beach, but I think I am going to go for RnR USA Nations Capital instead. I am also running RnR Providence. Can't really pass up a hometown race!

    ReplyDelete