Monday, June 18, 2012

Order Up! My kind of weather!

Back-story: I started feeling not so great on Friday afternoon.  Saturday mornings run killed me and it took me a while to figure out why.  I was getting sick.  I upped my napping and tried to get good nights of sleep.  I took yesterday off from running, plus it was Father's Day.  This morning I was starting to feel better.



So tonight my plan was to head out for a longer run, keep it light & easy, and not stress my system.  The bonus was that the weather was perfect.  I would like to put an order in now for a repeat of the weather for my next 4 summer races.  It was in the mid-60s with a Bay breeze and fluffy white clouds.  I did not want my health to mess up such a perfect run.  Saturday I did 6, but the last 1 1/2 felt horrible.  Tonight I was thinking 10, but decided that 8 was a safer bet so that I would not relapse.  It was amazing and I just kept reminding myself of that fact!  I also kept thinking light & easy, chest open, and breath!

So what are my upcoming races?  Let's see:

July 3: Harvard Pilgrim 10K
"The 10K event is a 6.2-mile course covering the most scenic, tree-lined roads that Foxborough, Mass. has to offer. You'll find this to be the easiest and flattest 10K course around with only one medium hill to contend with. After your hard effort on the course, you will experience an exciting and most memorable finish. The Finish at the 50 event is a must do. You will run through the huge inflated football helmet, onto the field to the cheers of thousands of fans and see yourself on the giant 48 feet wide HDTV screen. Your race finishes on the 50 yard line inside Gillette Stadium at Patriot Place! Stick around to celebrate Independence Day with a spectacular fireworks display above Patriot Place."

July 14: UnitedHealthcare Jamestown Half Marathon
"The 2012 UnitedHealthcare Jamestown Half Marathon is set on picturesque Conanicut Island and looks out over Narragansett Bay and the Newport Pell Bridge, the largest suspension bridge in New England.
The USATF certified course will lead runners around the island and historic Jamestown, finishing against the backdrop of the Pell Bridge and Narragansett Bay."

July 27: 41st Annual Road Race & Blessing of the Fleet.
All of Narragansett, Rhode Island comes out to support this 10 miler.  There are house parties along the course the whole way and a seafood festival at the finish line!  This is a fantastic race!

August 19: Rock 'n' Roll Providence
Runners will enjoy scenic water views along the final mile of the course, as they head back downtown to the finish line and post-race concert on the State House grounds! Bands will be stationed at every mile to set the pace for a 13.1 block party.  Watch this:  http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/2011/08/series/rock-n-roll-providence-course-tour_16346

Are any of you running any of these races with me?  Do you want to?  Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. i saw the harvard Pilgrim 5k, and was thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told Harvard Pilgrim is a great event by another runner who has run it each year. I am working on my red, white & blue running costume for the 10K! Can't wait! I love holiday races!

      Delete