Thursday, September 20, 2012

Smells like fried chicken!

Tonight's run was from 7:30 to 8:30 pm in the city.  I have not run during the dinner "hour" in a while.  About 2 miles into the run I passed a block that smelled like the most heavenly fried chicken I could imagine.  I don't even eat fried chicken, but this stuff smelled amazing.

I thought for a moment "oh no...am I going to have to smell everyone's dinner before I eat my own. That will be torture."  Then I changed my mind and thought I love the smell of food why not just enjoy the smells coming from peoples kitchens while I am running.

There really was nothing wrong with enjoying their kitchen aromas.  It was not like I was starving.  I did have something to eat before setting out to the city for my daughter's dance class.  I had actually had a slice of a Whole Foods apple pie.  Not an apple pie flavored bar and real slice of pie.  So I was all set and my belly was at peace with the wonderful kitchen aromas.  Ask me again tomorrow about the kitchens smelled after my run and the answer could be "to die for", but tonight I was content just to appreciate from my place on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment