Thursday, August 1, 2013

Night off from running = Disney Interactive game night

Disney Interactive launched a new Muppet game today My Muppets Show! My youngest has always wondered why I don't have any games on my phone. Well today I fixed that problem! 



I have always had a soft spot for the Muppets...I am a child of the 70's.  What else do I have to say?  I can remember watching the movies in the theaters in the early 80's and the Rainbow Connection still enters my running thoughts every now and then.

I played with the game a little at lunch to get the basics, before breaking it out this evening with my daughter. We played together for a while as we both learned more about how the game works.  Now she is on the other couch telling me what she is learning.  "Those suitcase require level 8."  When you start out there is garbage and debris around the stage that you need to clean up.  You get to pick Muppets to add to your band and their is plenty of great stuff to "buy" with which you can decorate the stage.  If you want to keep the band happy you need to keep them feed.

It will be interesting to see how often she asks to play the game.  She brought it over and said she was finished.  That lasted about 3 minutes and she wanted it back!  I would wager that if she hears me playing she is going to want to play.

We have made it to level 7 tonight.  Our band only has three players.  We really need to get some more to diversify the beat.  The good news for us is that we can resume play later without loosing our progress.


Although Disney did contact me about reviewing this new downloadable game, I was not compensated in any way for doing so.  All of my thoughts are my own.

Here is the core material from the press release.  You all can read it if you like for yourselves and/or just download the app and discover as you go along if you like!  That is more along the lines of what we did!

It's Time to Play the Music, It's Time to Light the Lights, It's Time to Meet the Muppets in My Muppets Show Tonight!
Players build their Muppets band in the latest free game from Disney Interactive for iOS and Android Devices

Launching today from Disney Interactive for iOS and Android devices, My Muppets Show has players joining Kermit, Animal, Miss Piggy, and the rest of the Muppets to create their ultimate band in this free musical builder game. In My Muppets Show players collect and recruit popular Muppets, place them on stage to create songs, and put on the show of a lifetime.

Players clean up, fix up and manage the famous Muppet Theater stage in order to recruit an all-star cast of Muppets, and put on a show. Every Muppet that is recruited sings or plays a unique instrument in a larger musical number. Players need to unlock them all to complete their own Muppets Show in this all-new free mobile game.

Features:
·         Reunite the Muppets gang in this original game that’s full of irresistible music, humor and familiar performers.
·         Unlock and collect over 20 well-known Muppets including Kermit, Animal, Fozzie Bear, and many new Muppets as well.
·         Complete different songs across unique stages like the Muppet Theater, Swedish Chef’s Kitchen, and more.
·         Use Bunson & Beaker’s inventions to send Muppets on special missions to recruit star Muppets for the stage.
·         Visit friends’ stages to rate their performances and collect special gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment