Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Race Schedule - Planning

So here is what I have on the 2014 race schedule for this year.  This is very much a work in progress.  I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts.  Which other races should I be looking into? I am staying mostly on the East Coast.  New England, DC area, and Florida primarily. 

Princess Half - runDisney; 
Sunday Feb 23rd
chEar team / DisneySide 

Tour de Patrick; Providence, RI;  
Saturday, March 8, 2014 

The Ocean's Run 1/2 Marathon; Matunick, RI;  
Sunday, March 9th, 2014

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run; Credit Union Cherry Blossom;
April 6, 2014

Boston Marathon; Monday, 
April 21, 2014; spectator only

Fort Adams, THE 10 MILER; Newport, RI; 
April 27, 2014

Navigant Credit Union Running Festival Half Marathon; Pawtucket, RI;  
Sunday, May 4, 2014

Boston's Run To Remember Half Marathon;  
May 25, 2014

Runner's World 5K; Newton, MA; 
June 7th, 2014

Runner's World 10K; Newton, MA;  
June 7th, 2014

RUNNER'S WORLD HEARTBREAK HILL HALF MARATHON;
Newton, MA; Sunday June 8, 2014

HarvardPilgrim Finish at the 50; Gillette Stadium, MA; 
JULY 3, 2014

Blessing of the Fleet Road Race, Narragansett, RI; 
July 25, 2014

Narragansett Bay 1/2 Marathon & 5k ; E. Providence, RI;  
Sunday August 17, 2014

ZOOMA CAPE COD HALF MARATHON & 10K; 
North Falmouth, MA; Saturday, September 27, 2014

B.A.A. Half Marathon; 
Sunday, October 12.


Marine Corps Marathon (Lottery); 
Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wine & Dine Half 
November

6 comments:

  1. Did you get into the Cherry Blossom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at a couple of those but especially hope to see you at Wine & Dine! I am trying to decide between that and marathon weekend. We can't afford both and am torn. Any thoughts? We have been to marathon weekend but I was a spectator and my husband was running. I prefer the time of year of Wine & Dine but feel I really need to experience marathon weekend as a runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I runDisney for fun! I really enjoyed W&D weekend. I did the morning Jingle Jungle 5k and the nighttime half. I even stayed at Epcot partying until 4 am! It was amazing all around! Marathon weekend is real work. I cut out most of the extras and focused on the races...all four of them! They are two very different experiences. I don't know if I am going to be able to choose. They are my favorite runDisney weekends!

      Delete
  3. I'm doing the same thing right now -- now that Dopey is over, I can finally breathe and focus on planning the rest of this year! I'll be doing the RnR USA as my second full marathon, and I did the Runner's World Festival in PA last year. I'm not sure I'll get to their races in MA this year, but they were a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to register for most of these. Jan/Feb is a tough time with family and school bills for the girls. I am envious of the runners with full race schedules and seemingly no other responsibilities, but I love my other responsibilities too much to worry about the race schedule all that much. I will get to what I can get to and have fun along the way!

      Delete